VICARS OF CHRIST CHURCH - COATHAM
Rev. John Postlethwaite. 1854 — 1863
He founded the Convalescent Home in 1860.
Rev. R.L. Page. 1863-1870
He left to join the Community at Cowley, Oxford.
Rev. A.E. Clementi-Smith. 1870 - 1873
He married Evyieen Newcomen and died February 20th,
Rev. L.B. Towne. 1873 - 1880
He started the Parish Magazine and died on February 4th,
Rev. C.A. Daniels. 1881 - 1887
During his ministry St. Andrew's, Warrenby was built and he
died May 19th 1911.
Rev. J.P. Fallowes. 1888 - 1892
He left to become First Warden of a new theological College
in Dunedin, New Zealand.
The second longest serving incumbent at Coatham.
Rev. H.B. BentleySmith 1911 - 1915
He was responsible for building the Parish Hall,
Rev. T.H.Baxter. 1915-1926
He died at Coatham and is buried in the Churchyard.
Rev. P. Hedley. 1926 - 1933
He left to become Vicar and Rural Dean of Heirnsley.
Rev. R. Newsam. 1933 —1943
He served on Redcar Town Council and left to become Rec-
tor of Beef ord.
Rev. F. Cosgrove. 1943 — 1951
Church House was bought during his Ministry and he left to
become Vicar of Sleights.
Rev. A. Wordsworth. 1952 - 1972
He was responsible for the restoration of the church after the
fire in 1966 and retired to live at Kirkleatham.
Rev. C. Hawthorn. 1972 -
He was induced by the Bishop of Whitby.